Why are some people unattractive
This article is part II of my article Attractiveness perception psychology. In part one of this article i said that there are many factors that determine the attractiveness of a person and that some of them aren’t related to physical looks at all.
Now the question that might have came to your mind is, why are some people unattractive? Why you sometimes find someone attractive while another person finds him unattractive?
If attractiveness had universal standards then all people would have found certain people attractive and certain people unattractive. While the media has imposed universal attractiveness standards to a certain extent still the attractiveness of many people can be debated by others and this shows that the perception of attractiveness differs from one person to another .
In this article i will help you understand why you find some people unattractive.
This is why some people are unattractive
- 1) They smell like you! Many studies have proven that the odor a person emits plays an extreemly important role in determining his attractiveness. Because the overall health and the genetic composition of the immune system can be unconsciously determined by people who smell your study a study claimed that the less a person smells like you the more attractive you will find him to be. This makes a lot of sense because getting attracted to someone with different genetic composition can certainly enhance the immune system of the off spring. The conclusion we can make is that someone might appear unattractive because of his smell rather than his looks!
- 2) The problem might be with your past: If you had a poor past experience with someone and then you met another person who shares some facial features with him then you are very likely to find that person unattractive without knowing why. Because personality traits affect our perception of attractiveness and because we assume that people who look the same have similar personalities we might find someone less attractive as a result of the past experiences we have been through (see Why do we find people attractive)
- 3) Psychological goals, unmet needs and attractiveness: If a girl was raised by a father who never acted like a man then she might become attracted to men with more masculine facial features and find other men less attractive. On the other hand if a woman was raised by an aggressive father then she might find men with more masculine facial features less attractive than others. Your perception of attractiveness is determined by your unmet needs and the psychological goals you are trying to fulfill. The conclusion is, you can find someones unattractive because you have a certain unmet need (see Unmet needs psychology)
- 4) Attractiveness and the media: Whether we like it or not our perception of attractiveness is affected by the media. The way we perceive attractiveness changes according to the new standards the media broadcasts and as a result we might find a person unattractive because he looks way different than the way media stars look like. The way beauty was perceived few years ago is different than the way it is perceived now as a result of the effect of the media. Just compare marilyn monroe’s looks to the looks of the new stars and you will find that she no longer matches the new standards of beauty (seee How media affects people)
- 5) Physical looks Of course physicals looks can make a person unattractive. For example the less the symmetry of facial features the less attractive you will find the person to be with disregard to your own looks or background. Familiarity also affects attractiveness to a great extent. The less familiar a person looks the more unattractive you will find him to be. That’s another reason why people who share some facial features with media stars are found to be much more attractive than others (see Similarity and attractiveness
Do you think that you are unattractive?
Of course physical looks play a big role in determining attractiveness but just as you saw there are many other factors that are not related to looks and that can affect the way others perceive your attractiveness.
I am not asking you to blame your smell when someone finds you unattractive but i just don’t want you to blame your looks whenever something goes wrong.
The conclusions is, People can find you unattractive for many reasons that are not related to your looks by any means.
jaaml.com have recently released a Book the 3 week diet ,the 3 week diet book is a revolutionary new diet system that not only guarantees to help you lose weight— it promises to help you lose more weight — all body fat — faster than anything else you’ve ever tried the 3 week dietbook is a 100% guarantee that it will help you to 23 pound in 21 days else you will be refunded. 60 day money back guarantee
Publish your Article Here
jaaml.com is not a complicated medical website nor a boring online encyclopedia but rather a place where you will find simple, to the point and effective information and presented in a simple way that you can understand and apply, What do Visitors Say About jaaml.com
Want read more
How to attract people to you
how to make someone emotionally attached to you
How to attract someone you love
Read more psychology Articles
The Science To Make Anyone Like You(book)
Dating Advice For Women(book)
Get A Girl Back In 30 Days Or Less (book)
Visit Book Store