When you’re under stress, your mind’s resources become locked up
You might feel stressed when you find yourself pressured by a lot of tasks that you have to finish, when you have unfinished work that should be done before a certain time or when you find yourself under some kind of pressure for a long period of time.
If you noticed how you behave while being under stress you will find yourself unable to accept any external input even if it was in form of little noise.
When you become stressed your mind’s resources become locked up and busy processing something else which makes it hard for you to accept any other external input.
Stress management tips
The following stress management tips can help you deal with your stress and reduce it to a great extent:
- Eliminate external stress promoting factors: The first thing you can do to deal with stress is to eliminate as many external factors as you can that increase your stress. Some of the external factors that can increase your stress are noise, untidy workplace or bad lighting.
- Exercise: Another very powerful thing you can do to reduce stress is to exercise. Stress consumes your mental resources. If you started exercising you will use your muscles while putting no load at all on your mind or mental resources. After you finish exercising you will find that stress was greatly reduced. People who exercise regularly are less likely to suffer from implications of stress than people who don’t.
- Healthy diet: Following a healthy diet that contains fruits and vegetables and that does not contain alcohol can help much in stress reduction.
- Reduce smoking: Contrary to your common beliefs smoking increases stress levels. It’s just the way you breath that makes you feel relaxed while smoking and not the cigarette itself.
- Choose your emotions: Most of the emotions you experience are a result of your choices. Yes you chose to become stressed when you faced these situations and that’s why it kept happening. If your subconscious mind had a better option other than making you stressed it would have used it instead. See the link below for more information on choosing your emotions
- Laugh: Laughter can help a lot in reducing stress. Use humor as much as you can.
- Use CBT: Use CBT Which is a method of therapy that can be used to help you change your thoughts and prevent your stress from being triggered in the first place
- Relaxation techniques: Using relaxation techniques can help you be in control and reduce the effect of stress
- Reframing: Using a technique such as NLP reframing to view the situation differently can reduce your stress. Reframing in simple words is a technique that can help you see the positive aspects of a situation rather than seeing the negative ones
- Don’t multitask: Multitasking was found to be a major cause of stress. As your brain struggles to do something it would also be occupied thinking about the background task.
- Wake up early: When you wake up early you will have plenty of time to do your important tasks. One of the major causes of stress is not finding enough time to get the important tasks done
- Sleep well: When you don’t get enough sleep you will be feeling irritated. This irritation will make you more likely to get stressed.
- Set realistic expectations: Some people , like Type As, set unrealistic expectations for the amount of work they can do on a single day. This habit always leads to stress.
jaaml.com has recently released a book Beat Social Media Addiction the book that will help you to know how Social Media Taken Over Your Life?Or Worse… and Beat Social Media Addiction book is a 100% guarantee that you will get Your Life back from Social Networking addiction like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram …..else you will be refunded.
Submit and Publish your Article Here
jaaml.com is not a complicated medical website nor a boring online encyclopedia but rather a place where you will find simple, to the point and effective information and presented in a simple way that you can understand and apply. What do Visitors Say About jaaml.com
Want to know more?
Breaking the habit, tonight !!!
Breaking habits using Hypnotherapy
Internet addiction disorder symptoms and treatment
Read more psychology Articles
Beat Social Media Addiction (book)
Destroy Depression System (book)
Date Younger With Dignity (book)
Visit Book Store