When quitting smoking you could experience a lot of situations that trigger you to smoke. Here are 10 of the most common and challenging ones.
- Alcohol– this can be a difficult situation to deal with because smokers associate drinking with smoking. Drinking alcohol can make you crave a cigarette, and it can break down that self-restraint ability, and commitment to not smoking you usually have when sober.
- Stress– this can make the quit-plan go out of the window where you feel smoking will help you relax. In fact, smoking does the opposite; it actually raises your blood pressure.
- After eating– you can get a strong craving to smoke especially after a big meal. But you will taste your food more if you don’t smoke.
- Social situations– parties, work colleague gatherings, birthdays, weddings can be challenging. Smoking can however cause interruptions too.
- Being around others that smoke– peer pressure can make you want to smoke. But you are better off than the smokers and they know that too.
- Not caring about quitting– this is rarely mentioned but like alcohol this can weaken your commitment to quitting.
- Thinking you need to feed a nicotine addiction– you can be misled into thinking you need to feed your nicotine addiction. However, nicotine only stays in the body 48 hours and the withdrawal from it doesn’t have to be so painful.
- With a coffee or tea– this is a situation in which you have habitually smoked in for a while.
- Driving– another situation which has been habitually linked with smoking.
- In the morning– it is common for many people to want to smoke first thing in the morning.
How do you overcome these triggers?
It is important to break the strong association with these triggers and remembering why you don’t need to smoke when you experience any of them… remember how you handled them ok before you started smoking.
Bear in mind your reasons to quit, and don’t forget them. There are way more reasons not to smoke, than to smoke. Don’t see yourself as deprived, actually smoking will deprive you. Instead of thinking you need a cigarette, tell yourself you don’t.
All this will help you easily overcome these triggers and build a stronger commitment to quit, and stay quit.
jaaml.com Recently released a book Quit Smoking Magic the book that will help you to Discover How to Quit smoking in as Little as 7 Days, Even if You’ve been a chain smoker for the past 20 years – with No Relapses, No extra money Needed, and a 98% Success Rate, Guaranteed !the book Quit Smoking Magic is guarantee that you will Quit Smoking else you will be refunded.
Submit your Article here
jaaml.com is not a complicated medical website nor a boring online encyclopedia but rather a place where you will find simple, to the point and effective information and presented in a simple way that you can understand and apply.What do Visitors Say About jaaml.com
want read more
What is Nicotine Nasal Spray & How Can it Help You Quit Smoking?
What are Nicotine Strips and Can They Help You Quit Smoking?
5 Unusual Ways to Quit Smoking that Actually Worked
Read more Health Articles
Addiction Free Forever (book)
Reverse Diabetes Today (book)
Truth about addiction (book)
Visit Book store