How to cure insomnia(secondary insomnia)
In case your insomnia is a secondary one (the result of another problem like illness, depression or anxiety) then fixing the root problem behind the insomnia will help you overcome it.
For example If your insomnia was the result of excess anxiety then using techniques that can reduce anxiety will cure your insomnia.
How to cure insomnia (secondary and primary)
There are many helpful tips that you could do to overcome both types of insomnia (primary and secondary). Those tips will help you get rid of your insomnia or at least make it less intensive. The tips to overcome insomnia are:
- Overcoming insomnia tip#1 – Don’t do anything in bed: try to do minimal activities in bed other than sleeping. For example don’t read in bed, eat in bed or just lie without sleeping. The more time you spend in bed awake the more your mind wont relate sleeping to being in bed and so this will result in insomnia
- Overcoming insomnia tip#2 – Sleep at the same time : sleep at the same time everyday or at least stay within a close range. When your biological clock gets used to a certain activity at a certain time it becomes easier to do it. Any change in the timing may make the activity become harder.
- overcoming insomnia tip#3 – deal with emotional problems : If you are anxious or depressed, make sure you deal with these problems because your insomnia may be a direct result of any of them
- Overcoming insomnia tip#4 – Avoid artificial light : sunlight (or artificial light) activates your body and makes you more alert. Make sure you sleep without the light turned on and without keeping the television switched on
- overcoming insomnia tip#5 – Don’t think about sleeping : know that thinking about sleeping will only make you remain awake , think about something else other than sleeping when wanting to sleep
- Overcoming insomnia tip#6 – Avoid stimulants : avoid caffeine and nicotine few hours before sleeping
- overcoming insomnia tip#7 – Stay hydrated :drink water before going to sleep as dehydration can affect your ability to sleep well
- overcoming insomnia tip#8 – Avoid naps : avoid naps, naps can make you feel that you don’t want to sleep at night
- overcoming insomnia tip#9 – wake up early : If you wake up late or if you get more sleep than your body needs then you might have a problem falling asleep at night. The best way to sleep fast is to already be sleepy before going to bed
- overcoming insomnia tip#10 – Avoid electronic devices : Studies have shown that using electronic devices one or two hours before sleeping might actually affect the quality of sleep or even prevent you from sleeping fast
- overcoming insomnia tip#11 – Exercise in the morning : When you exercise in the morning you will feel more sleepy at night. Just make sure you don’t exercise too late for this can keep you up
- overcoming insomnia tip#12 – Switch the TV off : The human ear remains sensitive to noise even when you are asleep. If you want to sleep well then make sure you turn the TV off.
Understand the tricks of your subconscious mind
Do you know that your subconscious mind can prevent you from sleeping if it knows that you don’t want to wake up early the next day?
If you hate your job or if you are afraid to take an exam then your subconscious mind might prevent you from sleeping just because it doesn’t want to let you wake up early the next day.
In other words, your subconscious mind might be trying to help by letting you miss the test or a work day. By getting a better understanding of your mind you will be able to get over these tricks and sleep well.
jaaml.com have recently released a Book How To Attract Men And Find True Love this book will show you a complete step-by-step program of self transformation and affirmation that will show you the secrets of how to get a boyfriend, find a husband and meet the man of your dreams.make your relationships fun & exciting, hot & steamy, and deep & lasting.How To Attract Men And Find True Love book is a 100% guarantee that will help you to Attract men easily and quickly else you will be refunded.
Publish your Article Here
jaaml.com is not a complicated medical website nor a boring online encyclopedia but rather a place where you will find simple, to the point and effective information and presented in a simple way that you can understand and apply ,What do Visitors Say About jaaml.com
Want read more
Read more psychology Articles
Text Your Ex Back (book)
Eczema Free Forever (book)
Visit Book Store